REGENERATIVE ACU-INJECTION THERAPY
Regenerative Acu-Injection (RAI) is a method of therapeutic approach to promotes the natural self-healing process by stimulating specific anatomic sites with injection. RAI is a combination of the 3,000-year-old healing technique of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, and modern medical science. RIA is consist of 5 primary Injection modalities.
Acu-TTNEP (Tendon Traction & Nerve Entrapment Point) and SNEP (Sympathetic Nerve Entrapment Point) Injection
It is a treatment which allows most dramatical result in the clinic. This treatment may improve various chronic health conditions and pain of unknown cause. The idea is that when a nerve compressed by hypercontracted muscle fibres, focal ischemia can be induced in the nerve. Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production can then decrease, causing the failure of the Na+/K+ ATPase pump and elevation of the extra-membrane K+ concentration. This may increase the resting membrane potential or reduce the threshold of nerve cells, leading to membrane hyperexcitability. This causes the vessels to contract and may reduce blood flow to internal organs or tissues which may induce dysfunction of organs and chronic ischemic pain of the muscles. Therefore, by just relieving hypercontracted muscle fibres (the root problem), it can improve various chronic health conditions and pain. However, this treatment requires the practitioner to have abundant experience and knowledge of the human body to find the exact problem areas and for the successful result.
Acu-Point Injection is a therapy whereby specific body locations are injected with biologically active substances which are physiologically regulating. These substances are used to treat pain, swelling, inflammation and toxin accumulation, among other problems. Most injections cause only minor discomfort because they are very shallow, given just under the skin or into the muscle.
3. Acu-Trigger Point Injection deal mainly with muscular, nerve and fascia pain, the type of pain that usually remains after a bad car accident in the neck, TMJ, shoulder region or in chronic low back pain. The onset of this type of pain is frequently traumatic and then continues to linger for long periods, often years. Over time muscle/fascia tension and imbalance combined with decreased blood flow to the joint cause arthritic changes. The muscle applies abnormal forces to the joint and wear and tear sets in.
4. Acu-Prolo Injection is a non-surgical ligament reconstruction and is a permanent treatment for chronic pain. Prolotherapy is derived from the Latin word "proli" which means to regenerate or rebuild. It is essential to understand what the word PROLOTHERAPY itself means. "Prolo" is short for proliferation, because the treatment causes the proliferation (growth, formation) of new ligament tissue in areas where it has become weak. Ligaments are the structural "rubber bands" that hold bones to bones in joints - acting like the body's shock absorbers. Ligaments can become weak or injured and may not heal back to their original strength or endurance. Ligaments also will not tighten on their own to their original length once damaged. This is huge because the blood supply to ligaments is limited, and therefore, healing is slow and not always complete. To further complicate this, ligaments also have many nerve endings, and therefore, the person will feel pain in the areas where the ligaments are damaged or loose.
5. Acu-Ozone Injection Therapy is a form of non-surgical ligament reconstruction and is a permanent treatment for chronic pain. It is a connective tissue injection therapy of collagen-producing substances and ozone gas which can reconstruct damaged or weakened connective tissue in and around joints. It has been also defined as "Chemical Acupuncture" because both the needle and gas injection have a role in eliciting a complex series of chemical and neurological reactions leading to the disappearance of pain in the majority (positive responses in 70-80% of cases) of patients with low spinal pain. Over the years, infiltrative oxygen-ozone therapy has shown clinical benefits in several musculoskeletal disorders, due to its potential analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immunomodulatory effect.
We clinically see the best results with 3 visits of ozone therapy 1-2 weeks apart. Ozone therapy is virtually painless and often can give you immediate relief of pain with no recovery.
Conditions that may benefit from treatment with Acu-Ozone Injection Therapy include:
Low back pain
Lumbar disc herniation
Frozen shoulder and shoulder joint pain
Elbow joint pain
Knee osteoarthritis and knee ligament injury
What kinds of soluitons are injected?
Acupuncture Point Injection, Acu-Trigger Point Injections & Acu-TTNEP (Tendon Traction & Nerve Entrapment Point) Injection
The injection contains a D5W (5% dextrose), B12 (Methylcobalamin) and Sodium bicarbonate as a buffering agent.
Acu-Perineural & Neural Prolotherapy
A solution of concentrated dextrose and local anesthetic (steroids are not used) is injected into the affected ligaments, tendons, or joint capsules. This solution acts not as a nutrient, but by stimulating the body’s natural ability to repair these tissues, encouraging the growth of new ligament or tendon fibers. Multiple treatments encourage additional tissue growth to restore and strengthen the affected area. An individual plan is devised with prolotherapy treatments scheduled every two to six weeks until the healing is complete, and you can return to normal activities without pain.
Acu-Ozone Injection Therapy
The injection contains Ozone (O3). Ozone is the second most powerful sterilizer in the world and can be used to destroy bacteria, viruses and odours. we are probably most familiar with ozone from reading about the "ozone layer" that circles the planet above the earth's atmosphere. This layer of ozone serves to protect us from the ultraviolet radiation (the most powerful sterilizer).
The third oxygen atom of ozone makes it extremely reactive. This atom readily attaches itself to other molecules. When contaminants such as bacteria or viruses make contact with ozone, it creates a miniscule hole in the cell wall. Once the cell wall is destroyed, the bacteria will be unable to survive. This process is called oxidation. Ozone essentially reverts back to oxygen after it is used.
Ozone therapy has been utilized and heavily studied for more than a century. Its effects are proven, consistent, safe and with minimal and preventable side effects. Medical O3 is used to disinfect and treat disease.
Wellness Injection (B12 - Methylcobalamin)
B12 is essential for Neurological health and can help with: Increased energy, Boosts Metabolism, Aids in Weight Loss, Helps prevent memory loss, Aids in digestion, Helps Hypo-Thyroid problems, Increases Red Blood cell count, Helps fight depression / irritability / regulates emotions, Helps prevent allergies, Helps prevent migraines.
Benefits and functions:
1. Recent research has shown that higher levels of Vitamin B12 protect against brain changes that happen with aging. People with higher B12 levels, even those without actual deficiency showed less age related decline like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
2. B12 is involved in the process that converts food into energy; this is why it gives people an energy boost. Without it, the food we eat is not able to be processed as efficiently for energy production leading to fatigue and even weight gain.
3. B12 also has an important role in forming new red blood cells and can cause an anemia if deficient. Anemia can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate and weakness.
4. B12 protects against heart disease by reducing homocystine levels. Elevated levels of homocysteine increase cardiovascular risk by increasing atherosclerosis and hardened arteries.
5. B12 is a very important part of the covering of our nervous system, the myelin sheath. Having coverings helps our neurological system to work better which improves mood, memory, reaction time and just makes us feel better!
Why is Methylcobalamin Absorbed the Best?
Methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin are the two natural, active forms of vitamin B-12. Methylcobalamin specifically absorbs easily since it is the principal circulating form of B-12. As the circulating form, it can cross into the bloodstream sublingually; however, only about 1% of the ingested dose is absorbed. Methylcobalamin is the most bioavailable form, as this form requires little to no conversion and crosses easily through every aspect of B-12’s metabolic pathway.